The percentage difference is the difference between two values divided by the average of the two values expressed as a percentage.
Formula to calculate percentage difference.
- We begin by finding the difference of the two values.
- Then workout the average of the two values.
- Divide the difference by the average and then multiply the result by 100.
If presented with two values 50 and 70, calculate their percentage difference.
- Lets begin by finding their difference.
- Then we work out their average.
- Finally, we divide the difference by the average and then multiply the result by 100.
Therefore, the percentage difference of the two values is 33.3%.